Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Life of its own

Hi all! This group is just so amazing I can hardly stand it. It seems like it's taken on a life of its own, doesn't it?!!! You guys truly are the best and I can't imagine doing this on my own. In fact, I know I wouldn't be doing this on my own! Your encouragement, support, and sharing of your own trials and tribulations keeps me going day after day. And wasn't Mark's talk on Saturday the most tremendous thing you've ever heard? I plan on listening to that at least once a week just to keep the momentum! Mark, you are gifted, truly! (Can you all tell I'm a little intoxicated by all this? It must be what they call runner's high. It's priceless!)

I'm not much of a cook but I've been finding myself in the kitchen a lot more than usual lately and I want to pass on a delicious recipe. It's great for those of you who don't like spinach. I've adapted it from a very high fat recipe my mom used to make for my brother and I when we were younger and wouldn't eat our spinach. We fell in love with spinach thanks to the high fat version of this dish. The high fat version includes 1 stick of butter and a 1/2 pound of velveeta. I've greatly reduced the butter and used lowfat cheese instead of velveeta. It's delicious.

Spinach casserole. Ingredients: 6 eggs whisked, 1 lg. carton lowfat cottage cheese, 2 packages thawed and well drained frozen chopped spinach, 1 small pat of butter, 1 package lowfat cheese cubed. Directions: Grease baking dish with pat of butter (this gives it a nice brown crust). Pour in cottage cheese, eggs, spinach and cheese and mix well. Bake at 375 degrees for one hour or until center is firm. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Kayra said...

I'm not a fan of cooked spinach but if the dish involves cheese, I am willing to give it a try! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

cjonesrun said...

Keeping my eye out for you. Sounds like you are quite bright when it comes to men...be picky and be smart! I would love to room with y'all if our husbands were not going to Chicago but they are. Sure hope you find someone because it ain't a cheap room! We four are going to be sharing a room to save money. It is not a cheap trip, but so-o-o worth our time, our money, our whatever!