Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Scotty's Pay Raise CD

Now that I'm working to get my personal health under control, I am also motivated to get my financial life under control thanks to Scotty's CD that we got in our bag. Even if you aren't struggling financially (and who isn't?), I highly recommend it! It is a sensible and doable approach that takes you step by step through the process. I just this month paid off my credit card for the first time in 3 years and now I'm getting ready to shop for a house. After listening to Scotty's CD, I realize now, among many other things, that I need to save for an emergency fund in addition to a house fund. Thanks for that nice gift Scotty. This whole thing really is a lifechange!!!!

I must admit though that until I did my 1984 strength training video tape this morning, I hadn't exercised since SATURDAY!!!!! I am slowly but surely regaining my mojo and really am excited to walk tomorrow. My new mantra will be "no excuses." (Thanks again Lisa and Christy!)

4 comments:

nissannurse said...

You know my wife and I already do everything that he outlines. It really does work! We seem to have MORE money paying cash than we did paying with credit cards. My wife is such a great bookkeeper. (That's what she does as a living). If something happened to her, I would be lost!!!!

Micah said...

So glad you said something or otherwise it may have stayed in my desk drawer.

The Miller's Blog said...

I haven't listened to it yet, BUT I'm sure that you would love Dave Ramsey! It's the best thing Chad and I have done for our marriage. It sounds like similar principles as whats on that cd, but Dave bases it on Christian beliefs. IT'S AWESOME!!!!! And with my husband being a CPA, he's all about pinching and counting pennies however and whenever he can. I'll have to listen to that cd.

Kayra said...

Hey Christa! I haven't listened to the CD yet but I have read Dave's Ramsey total money makeover. We are about 4 months away from paying off everything except the house. We cut all the credit cards a long time ago, so we have been on a cash basis for a while.

anyhoo, back to marathon. My week was awful when it came to training. hopefully I'll get back on track. Hang in there.